I spent quite a bit of time on this design finalizing it and making theme worthy of Halloween. This all started 3 years ago. I knew I wanted this design to eventually end up on shirts but I just didn’t have all the details I would need. I wanted it to pop, I wanted it to be fitting, I wanted it to be classic.
And this week I finally took the time out to sit behind the computer and add all the elements I needed to make this design work. And I really like how it all came together. The distress of the ink and glow of the words. I walked around from varies stores looking and examining what kind of details they use. And I must say the Disney store was the most help of all. I helped me develop a adult design with a fun feel.
I can’t wait to burn the screens and play with the ink on this design. It will be up for pre-order in the store soon and will be mailed out all before Halloween for everyone to enjoy.
We have been working on some other garments to better establish our brand as a brand and not just a t-shirt label. We have sampled Lettermen Jackets, production of hats is on the way cut and sew sweaters and now leggings.
Leggings have been something I have always wanted to play with due to them being so open ended when it comes to designs. The hardest part was finding a manufactor who was willing to low minimums and sample for a fair price.
The diffuculty of this was most textile manufactors think they can take advantage of the smaller brands and charge some whatever they want.
Research is key in this game. I say game, because you have to sometimes play a role in order to get ahead.
Here is a mock look of what we are sampling in the very near future from Broken Bank Clothing.
We will be using our Floral B pattern on the leggings. As soon as we have a hard sample will preview them for everyone to see.